A BRIEF GLIMPSE
Since 1946, The Pacific Southwest Distributors Association (PSDA) has sought to provide an accessible and legal industry forum to discuss and find resolution to issues of common concern and to promote good business ethics and sales productivity among its distributor and vendor members. The PSDA Region encompasses Southern California, Southern Nevada, Arizona and Utah.
PSDA is affiliated with the American Supply Association (ASA), the national industry organization headquartered in Chicago. Both PSDA distributor and vendor member companies join ASA separately.
TOP FIVE REASONS FOR JOINING OR RETAINING MEMBERSHIP IN PSDA
Here are the consensus top-five reasons which both distributor- and vendor-member companies cite for joining or retaining membership in PSDA:
- Offers networking opportunities with industry colleagues in “environments” that further the buying and selling process along with promoting the identity and solidarity of the industry as a whole.
- Supports unconditionally the traditional distribution channel within the PSDA region as the most efficient and cost-effective means of marketing plumbing-heating-cooling-piping
products – manufacturer to end user.
- Provides a cohesive and legal platform to address onerous governmental and private-sector challenges that would undermine the credibility, performance and profitability of industry distributors and their suppliers.
- Provides practical benchmarking data to help monitor company performance in the marketplace, and provides educational programs and events which offer best-practices guidance for both management and employees.
- Where possible offers proprietary and industry-specific employee benefit programs of genuine value and economy to save on personnel costs and to help recruit and retain well-qualified managers and employees.
Kindly Note: As the above header “Safety First” may suggest, a prevailing occupation of PSDA is to promote safety in the workplace. At the least, employees deserve a safe and healthy environment in which to work. To this end, PSDA has worked in partnership with State Fund of California for some 25 years!